What causes severe stomach ache?
Stomach ache is really common and can be caused by many different reasons. Watch out, sometimes this pain can be the indication of something very serious. Find out what your pain can be and how one of our local doctors in Barcelona can help you.
There are multiple reasons why stomach ache occurs. Most of the time the pain is nothing serious and disappears after a few days. However, severe pain can be a sign of something more serious. You should learn how to recognise which symptoms need the consultation of a doctor. How to get medical help while travelling? If you would be travelling for work or pleasure, you can always contact one of our local doctors in Barcelona. You can arrange a visit just with a simple click on your phone or with a call. An English speaking doctor will be at your disposition.
Let’s find out some of the causes of stomach ache.
What are the most common causes of stomach ache?
- Food poisoning
- Food allergies
- Period pain
See a doctor if:
- the pain gets much worse quickly
- the pain or bloating won’t go away or keeps coming back
- you’re losing weight without trying to
- you suddenly pee more often or less often
- peeing is suddenly painful
- your diarrhoea doesn’t go away after a few days
How a local doctor in Barcelona can assist you:
- helping you find out what’s causing your stomach ache
- to suggest a treatment
- to recommend medicines to help you feeling better
What can cause severe stomach ache?
– Appendicitis: the swelling of the appendix can cause severe pain in the lower right-hand side of your abdomen, it means your appendix will need to be removed
–Kidney stones: small stones may be expelled in your urine, but larger stones may block the kidney tubes. You’ll need to go to the hospital to have them removed
– Gallstones: it is an inflammation of the gallbladder and in many cases, it may need to be removed
– Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS): a common condition that causes bouts of stomach cramps, bloating, diarrhoea or constipation, the pain is often relieved when you go to the toilet
We advise you to see one of our local doctors in Barcelona if you have sudden or long-term severe pain.